1802 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
1.1
Additional Fees

Went into ER with abcessed tooth that ruptured, running fever, BAD cough, congestion, fever and in pain. BP was 168/105.

Feeling bad enough all i could do was cry. I waited from 11pm Monday night till 6am Tuesday morning before even being took back. Granted they were busy but seem to be taking ppl with lot less illness than I or others. When i get to the room the assisting Dr..or nurse not sure..

First question was did i use IV drugs then he began looking at my arms legs what have you as if i was reguardless of the fact i told him NO i dont use drugs! I have lost weight (50lbs) in a year with no explanation to why. My primary Dr had searched high n low for a medical reason but in the midst i lost my BCBS. And im unable to continue with all the testing and procedures to find out whats wrong.

I felt so low, so judged, so insulted making me cry even more. Turned out i have COPD and fluid built up on my lungs as well as a bone disease. People like him (and i wish i knew his name) should not work in a field that requires compassion,kindness, & above all should not judge anyone by their appearance, weight or outter being!

Fortunately he did not return to my room after i told the next nurse he was a judgemental *** Thank God the next 2 RN were exceptiona Nurses and were nothing like that. I wont be going back but what i will be doing is posting this review everywhere posible where all can see not only is UAB unstaffed and unable to properly make decisions of patient priorty status but it has 1 Great big *** working there!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uab Hospital Doctor.

Comments